Last updated: December 7, 2013
Pastor ROBERT A. STEWART, JP and
Evangelist BEVERLY STEWART
What we believe
Our beliefs are based on the Word of God and the numbers in parenthesis refer to the location in the Bible where these scriptural references can be found.
The Bible is the infallible Word of God and the authority for salvation and Christian living. (1)
There is One God, who has revealed Himself as Father in creation, as Son in redemption and as the Holy Spirit in regeneration. Jesus Christ is God manifested in the flesh. He is both God and man. (2)
Sin and Salvation
Everyone has sinned and needs salvation.
Salvation comes by grace through faith based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. (3)
The gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose again. We obey the gospel by repentance (death to sin), water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ (burial), and receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit (resurrection). (4)
As Christians we are to love God and others. We should live a holy life inwardly and outwardly, and worship God joyfully. The supernatural gifts of the Spirit, including healing, are for the church today. (5)
Jesus Christ is coming again to catch away His church. In the end will be the final resurrection and the final judgment. The righteous will inherit eternal life, and the unrighteous eternal death. (6)
We believe the true Church -
• is “built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone.” Eph. 2:20
• accepts that “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and . . . was buried, and . . . rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”1 Cor. 15:3, 4
• experiences a new birth - Jesus said “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3.3
• has members who “by one Spirit are . . . all baptized into one body.”1 Cor. 12, 13
• acknowledges that Christ “is. the head of the body, the Church.” Col. 1.18
• began on the day of Pentecost when “they were all tilled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the spirit of God gave them utterance.” Acts. 2:4
We believe in the Apostolic doctrine as recorded in Acts. 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be Baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
(1) II Timothy 3:16.
(2) Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.
(3) Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9.
(4) I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4, 37-39; Romans 6:3-4.
(5) Mark 12:28-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10.
(6) I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15.
Browse through our Constitution and By-laws